Quality Counts California (QCC) Workforce Pathways Grant Request for Applications (RFA) Release
The CDE, ELCD is announcing the release of the Quality Counts California (QCC) Workforce Pathways Grant Request for Application (RFA). The RFA is designed to align with the QCC professional development system and to focus on local workforce needs across all care setting types. The QCC Workforce Pathways Grant RFA, in combination with the unified QCC Local Consortia and Partnerships Grant RFA (QCC Unified RFA), represents investments by the CDE/ELCD to support an effective statewide Quality Improvement System and Quality Rating and Improvement System. As the state invests in quality improvements, including workforce development, it will continue to encourage QCC system alignment in order to build a stronger quality system.
The CDE would like to highlight the following changes:
- Funding has been reduced to an $11,000,000 one-year statewide allocation.
- The QCC Workforce pathways have been streamlined.
- The former stipend administrating agency in the county will have the first right of refusal. The QCC Consortia Lead will have the second right of refusal.
- The QCC Workforce pathways grant will be available to all counties and to Tribal Childcare.
- The CDE is moving forward with an equity-focused funding formula, but has set caps on both increases and decreases to the amount of funding that any county will receive in comparison to the 2019–20 Assembly Bill 212 allocation.
The grant was released on May 26, 2020, and the applications are due June 15, 2020, by close of business. There is no Letter of Intent required for this grant. Please see additional key dates on the QCC Workforce Pathways Grant web page, located at https://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/fo/r2/qccelcwork2021rfa.asp.
Quality Counts California (QCC) Workforce Pathways Grant Webinar
An informational webinar will be held on Friday, May 29, 2020, 1–2 p.m. to review the QCC Workforce Pathways Grant RFA. Below you will find the link to register. It is not necessary to pre-register.
For more information regarding the QCC ELC Workforce Pathways Grant or webinar, please email the QCC Workforce Pathways Grant Team at QCCWorkforce@cde.ca.gov.
Topic: Quality County California (QCC) Workforce Pathways Grant RFA Technical Assistance Webinar
Time: May 29, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/98803336887
USA 215 861 0692
USA 8882512909 (US Toll Free)
Conference code: 410566